Universities, including your darling UNIUYO would still have to screen applicants at the end of the admission process, using a point system. The Universities would charge the applicants fees for the screening.
Please, endeavor to read the full details HERE
Here are eight things all uniuyo aspirants must understand from the new guidelines.
1. The new method uses a point system, which is divided into other processes. The board said, “before a candidate can be considered for screening, he/she must have been given provisional admission by JAMB.”
2. The second process, the board said, was the point system where admission would depend on the point tally of the candidate.
“JAMB’s provisional admission no longer makes much sense this year, your points tally will decide your faith. The points are evenly spread out between your O’level and JAMB results to provide a level playing field for all.“
3. Any candidate who submits only one result which contains his/her relevant subjects already has 10 points, the exam could be NECO, WAEC, GCE etc, but any candidate who has 2 sittings only gets 2 points. So this means that aspirants with only one result are at an advantage but only barely.
4. The next point grades fell into the O’level grades where each grade has it’s equivalent point; A=6 marks, B=4 marks, C=3 marks, so the better the candidates’ grades, the better his or her chances of securing admission this year.
5. The next point is the UTME scores where each score range has its equivalent point which can be summarized thus, 180-200=20-23 marks, 200-250=24-33 points, 251-300=34-43, 300-400=44-60 points.
6. JAMB revealed that Universities would still have to screen applicants at the end of the admission process, using this point system. The Universities would charge the applicants fees for the screening.
7. Cut off marks will be released by schools this year in the form of points and not marks. If a school declares it’s cut off mark for Medicine as 90 points and JAMB grants a candidate with 250 a provisional admission but his/her total points falls short of the 90 points, then he/she will lose the admission.
8. The point system for direct entry would soon be released by JAMB even as the screening exercise would replace the scrapped UTME.
9. Would there be admission for candidates with AWAITING RESULT? To be realistic and optimistic enough, chances for those with awaiting results are slim and almost impossible.
For More Articles, keep visiting here