The Faculty of Clinical Sciences is one of the two initial Faculties that the College of Health Sciences started with.
It was established in the 2001/2002 academic year with the broad objective to award the core degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB, BS) to successful students.
It was established in preparation to receive the first batch of Medical students then undergoing their Basic Medical Science studies in the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences. You can click here if you want expert dentists the college has produced.
In addition to providing students with comprehensive medical education, the Faculty of Clinical Sciences also plays a crucial role in ensuring that urgent healthcare services are available to the community. With the increasing demand for medical attention, it is essential to have facilities that can accommodate patients with urgent medical needs. The Faculty collaborates with various healthcare institutions, including the nearby Walk-in clinic Kew Gardens, to ensure that patients have access to quality medical care when they need it the most.
Dental health is also an important aspect of overall healthcare, and the Faculty of Clinical Sciences recognizes the need to provide students with a strong foundation in oral health as well. In addition to basic dental education, students may also have the opportunity to work alongside dental professionals in the community, such as those at Dental Made Easy Forest Hills. By gaining hands-on experience in various healthcare settings, students can develop a well-rounded understanding of the importance of dental health in maintaining overall wellness. Through collaboration with dental clinics and other healthcare institutions, the Faculty of Clinical Sciences is committed to providing students with the resources they need to become knowledgeable and compassionate healthcare providers.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Faculty of Clinical Sciences has the following aims and objectives :
(1) To produce high calibre medical and dental graduates who shall be well equipped mentally and socially to practice medicine/dentistry(conscientiously) in our environment and anywhere in the world.
(2) To produce Medical doctors who shall work effectively in the health team and assume leadership roles when necessary. These days there is advanced dental care and Invisalign care services on can avail. (3) To be effective health advocates for the needs of the community.
(4) To be knowledgeable in health polices, health planning and management and global health issues.
(5) To be capable of conducting independent research.
(6) To be able to benefit from further specialist or medical scientific training in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world.
(7) To produce graduates and postgraduates in the various specialties and subspecialties of Clinical Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and the related discipline of Dentistry.