The University of Uyo has announced the schedule of events for the 19th and 20th Convocation Ceremony of the institution. The Senate of the University of Uyo wishes to announce to all graduands, parents, guardians and the general public, that the Nineteenth and Twentieth Convocation for the Conferment of Honorary Degrees, Higher Degrees, First Degrees, and the award of Diplomas, Certificates and Prizes to her 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 graduands will take place as follows:
University of Uyo 19th and 20th Convocation Ceremony – Schedule of Events:
1. Thursday, November 20, 2014
• 10.00am – Press Briefing by the Vice-Chancellor
• 12.00am – Inauguration of Projects
• 3.00pm – Convocation Lecture
Topic: To Heal A Fractured Nation: Some Thoughts on Education and Leadership.
Lecturer: Most Rev, Dr. Matthew Hassan Kukah, Bishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese.
Venue: ELF Theatre, University of Uyo, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
• 6.00pm – Convocation Play/Musical Entertainment and Refreshment
Venue: PTDF Auditorium (Y-Building) Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
2. Friday, November 21, 2014
Conferment of First Degrees, Award of Diplomas, Certificates and presentation of Academic Prizes.
• 10.00am – Guests should be seated at 9.30am
• Keynote Address: Nigeria’s Education in A Season of Economic and Moral Decay – The Way – Forward.
• Speaker: Mr. Udom Inoyo, Executive Director, Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, Lagos.
• Venue: Convocation Arena, University of Uyo, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
3. Saturday, November 22, 2014
Conferment of Honorary Degrees, Higher Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma.
• 10.00am – Guest should be seated at 9.30am
• Venue: Convocation Arena, Main Campus, University of Uyo, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
• 1.30pm: Convocation Luncheon
• Venue: Multipurpose Hall, Main Campus, University of Uyo.
Information To Graduands
Granduands are expected to pay the following amounts as applicable to their categories for hiring of gowns; purchase of Order of Proceedings and scrolls at the UNIUYO Microfinance Bank, University of Uyo, Town Campus.
• 1. First Degree, Diploma and Certificate Graduands are to pay a total sum of Four Thousand Naira (N4,000.00) only.
2. Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Graduands are to pay a total sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only.
• Graduands who are yet to pay the Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) Alumni Association Fee are requested to do so immediately.
• Academic gowns and invitation cards should not be collected by proxy. Each Graduand will collect an invitation card for his/her Guest from the relevant Faculty Officer/Secretary, Postgraduate School.
• Ph.D Graduands are to purchase their gowns at the cost of N40,000.00 (Forty Thousand Naira) only, and also pay the sum of N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) only for the Order of Proceedings and scroll.
• The list of Graduands is available on the University website: www.uniuyo.edu.ng
Return of Academic Gowns
All hired academic gowns must be returned to the respective Faculty Officers and Secretary, Postgraduate School, not later than Monday, November 24, 2014. Each Graduand should obtain a Certificate of Clearance from the relevant Faculty Officer/Secretary, Postgraduate School. Graduands who fail to comply with this directive will have to pay a penalty of Two Hundred Naira (N200.00) only per day, until the gown is returned.
• Arrangements have been made by the Office of the Director of Information and Public Relations for the accreditation of members of the press, Photographers and Video Cameramen not later than Wednesday. November 19, 2014.
• Graduands should please note that only University accredited photographers and video cameramen will be admitted into the Convocation Arena.
• For further enquiries, please call: +234(0)8146129875 +234(0)7017747407